If you are a post-secondary educator who seeks to enhance your teaching and ensure greater learning on the part of your students, then this is the perfect seminar for you. Whether you teach full-time or part-time, are a veteran teacher or new to the profession, the National Great Teachers Seminar in the Canadian Rockies gives you a unique and powerful opportunity to reflect on what great teaching is all about.
Goals of the Seminar
- to CELEBRATE good teaching.
- to INSPIRE faculty to venture beyond the limits of our own specializations and environments in search of the universals of teaching
- to DISCOVER effective and innovative approaches to teaching and learning
- to STIMULATE the exchange of information and ideas between faculty and post-secondary institutions by bringing them together
- to REFLECT deeply on our own attitudes, methods, and behaviour as teachers in a supportive and engaging environment
- to RENEW our commitment to student learning and to our profession